wrap up

I have no recipe to share this week, even though I have a brand new kitchen to play with! Our house move was a success and after spending the last week working out how to effectively use the wood fire to heat the house, and how to get Charlotte, the chicken that came with the house, to like us, I’m a bit pooped. But between the beautiful morning light that streams into the kitchen and the plentiful vegetable garden five steps from my back door, I won’t be out of the kitchen long. In the meantime, here’s some things that have inspired me this week.

– Spin Spin’s tea towels are bright and fun, and would look ace in my new kitchen. I doubt I can resist the two-for-one special on now…

– Vegetable inspired wallpaper!

– I think this is a nice summary of steps to becoming a better cook

– Eat This My Friend’s Simple Turkish Eggs will happen when Charlotte the chook starts laying again

– Reading what The Canal House cooks for lunch makes me want summer to arrive. Their cook books are lovely, and Canal House Cooks Every Day is on my birthday wishlist

– Also making me long for summer: the genius behind Momofuku Milk Bar chats about strawberries with The New York Times

– Have you seen Food Curated’s videos? They’re lovely little profiles of food people. This guy really loves bread and butter (a man after my own heart)

– Not food related, but Adam France’s Crafting for a Cause is remarkably imaginative and mesmerising (via The Design Files)

24 thoughts on “New House and Things

1. Always a pleasure ready your post, even if there are no recipes. Glad the move went well. I wish I had a chicken.

Thank you! I’m excited about the chicken, but a bit daunted about finding it some friends and making sure they all get along. Looking forward to the eggs though 🙂

1. Alison says:

We added two toddler chickens to our two older ladies and it’s gone well socially, but now no one is laying!

2. J Bird says:

So excited to start following your blog. I have been looking for a food blog that is more simple home cooking. My husband and I are a simple retired couple who like to try new recipes but don’t have a lot of fancy ingredients in our home.
    Hope your getting set up in your new home soon and looking forward to your recipes being posted.
    Jean Bird

Thanks so much Jean, thanks for stopping by!

3. New place new kitchen how excited you must be:) waiting for your next recipe from new ambience

I’m excited to shoot in the new place, the light is so pretty!

4. Having chooks is great! Its really no stress and ive introduced countless chooks to each other and a bit of pecking but nothing too vicious for long. Enjoy!

You give me confidence Emma!

5. Snappystreet says:

Moving is always tough work! Throw in a chicken for good measure and no wonder you’re exhausted!

I blame the 6 month old baby more than the chicken for the exhaustion 😉

6. kathparker says:

Hi,

I have discovered your blog and it is wonderful.

I would be very happy to help you with your chook queries. I am your neighbour to the East, have 8 chooks myself, one of them a Sussex like Charlotte!

Enjoy your new kitchen, it’s beautiful.

HI KATH! We will definitely be asking for your advice on the chook front – a whole new world for us.

7. Katherine says:

Hope you enjoy your new place!

Thanks so much Katherine.

8. whitesheepblog says:

All the best for your new home!!! 🙂

Thanks Helena (I LOVE your bags!)

1. whitesheepblog says:

Thank you! 🙂

9. Absolutely ecstatic to find you had linked my recipe on here!
    Thank you Amelia, you really have made my day! Good luck with your chook – you should get her a couple of friends : )

Jade. X

You’re welcome Jade – thanks for the eggy inspiration. Charlotte the Chook will get some friends at the next Kyneton Chook Auction. The countdown is on!

10. So pleased to hear that your move went smoothly Amelia! 🙂 I look forward to checking out some of your links here… they sound really interesting!

Thanks Margot!

11. Good luck with your house my friend!!!
    i can’t wait to read your culinary posting….