Simple Provisions on The CountryphilesToday I am moving house. Everything is packed and in the process of getting onto the truck to move a few streets down the road. We moved to Kyneton as an experiment in slower living, and because it was an experiment we moved into a rental, so we could up sticks if we hated it. But in the last 18 months we’ve connected with the community and vibe of the town and couldn’t imagine leaving, so, we bought our first country home. So excited! Fittingly, my take on moving to the country and Kyneton living is being featured on The Countryphiles today. You can see my kitchen (my old kitchen as of today!) and read about my move to the country.

Read the story on The Countryphiles.

8 thoughts on “My Country Life

1. So lovely to get a glimpse of your life since NY and wonderful how listening to your heart has worked out so well.

2. margaret21 says:

Moving house TODAY and you find time to write a blog post? I’m in awe. Good luck with it all!

3. Congrats and enjoy!!

4. Lucy says:

Hi Amelia, I just came across your delicious blog after seeing your post on The Countryphiles! Your story is exactly the same as ours – we moved to Kyneton from the city 2 years ago with a 1 year old baby to enjoy life in the country, rented for 18 months and then last year bought our first country house in Kyneton! Annoying to have to pack up and move just up the road, but like you we have loved making the move from the city to Kyneton, met heaps of fabulous people and love the community here. Just thought I’d pop over and say “Hello” anyway and great to have some more creative people in the area – yay! We’re regulars too at Duck, Duck Goose & Larder and Watts’ fruit & veg shop, so I might bump into you sometime soon! Hope the move went well and your kitchen is suitable for some more yummy cooking and gorgeous photography 🙂

Hello Lucy! Lovely to meet you! Your illustrations are gorgeous. Hopefully see you around town soon.

5. M-R says:

Brilliant,, quite brilliant ! What need is there to live in a city when you do what you do ? (rhetorical) [grin]
    I don’t suppose you’ve ever tried the portfolio aspect of Bloggy, eh, Amelia …?

6. Matthew J says:

Hey, it’s Matthew from It’s So Overt! I nominated you for a blogger award! Hope all is well! (:

Thanks Matthew!